He was born in Milan in 1945 and became an Architect. He was editor of the magazine Casabella and director of the design magazine MODE.
In 1973 he cooperated with the International Section of Architecture of Triennale of Milan and looked after the IDZ of Berlin, the first critic exhibition on the avant-garde of the Italian Radical Design. He cooperated to the organization of the Visual Arts Section, Architecture of the Biennale of Venice in 1975/76. Head of Collection of Design of the Triennale of Milan in 1980, and of the Design Section in the “Il futuro delle metropoli” exhibition in the 1989. In 1980 he opened an architecture and design studio together with Daniela Puppa and Alberto Meda. He has designed lamps and furniture items for various companies including: Fontana Arte, Caps, Poltronova, Roset France, Luceplan, Barovier & Toso, Artemis, Zeus Noto, Danish. He is concerned with Architecture, Design, Writing and Drawing. He teaches Interior Design at ISIA in Florence. His works are exhibited at FRAC Museum of Orleans and at the Design Museum of the Triennale of Milan. His lamp ON-OFF, designed with (Alberto) Meda and (Denis) Santachiara is part of the permanent Collection of Design of the MOMA Museum in New York.