The Importance of Quality Commercial Carpets for Hotels
Hospitality establishments need to create long-lasting positive impressions with their guests, and although it may not be obvious – having quality commercial carpets for hotels, private villas and chalets genuinely makes a difference with customers.
When people stay with a branded chain or high-end establishment, they expect the hotel layouts to be similar or clearly signposted and making logical sense. They expect levels of quality to be upheld no matter which location they visit, and they expect consistency throughout.
Why The Flooring Matters So Much to Your Hotel
Your floors offer more than just a surface for customers to stand on – the right carpeting or finish can attract their attention, promote the brand and put people at ease.
Beautiful floors and luxurious well-kept carpets can improve your guest’s satisfaction, which in turn may influence their opinion of your establishment and the review or star rating they give you upon checking out.
This means that the right carpeting for your hotel can directly impact room rates, ROI and your profit margins.
What Flooring Solutions Should Your Hotel Be Looking At?
There are a selection of different finishes and materials that you can use to give your hotel a unique and stylish image. The flooring option that you choose should take into account factors such as:
- How much footfall and traffic does the area receive?
- What part of the hotel are you looking at?
- Are guests going to see these areas?
- How easily accessible are these areas for cleaning?
- Do you operate in an area of high environmental extremes that would require more cleaning than average? (Such as operating on a beachfront and having customers bring sand in constantly.)
Once you’ve answered these questions, you can think about what sort of material is going to be most effective for your location. Some of the most popular solutions for hotels include:
- Vinyl / Laminate
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Decorative Concrete
- Luxury Carpet
Many of these are better accentuated with a rug. These rugs not only provide a safer surface to walk on, they express design and style, bring warmth and personality to a room, and divide up an open plan space in a visually appealing way.
When picking the materials for your flooring, you must consider:
- Aesthetics – Just like the rest of your hotel, the floor needs to be visually appealing.
- Comfort – People want to be treated exceptionally well during their stay and soft rugs or plush carpets are an excellent way of providing this.
- Safety – Make sure to look at the weather and environmental factors around your hotel, and pick materials that will work with your needs.
- Acoustics – The right flooring can help soften sounds and create a more peaceful environment.
- Durability and Maintenance – You want people to enjoy the aesthetics of your flooring for a prolonged time, and not have to keep spending out to replace it. Choosing a material and finish that is going to last makes good business sense.
Choosing the right materials and design for your hotel and its layout can increase the visual and comforting appeal of the location. Your hotel needs to look inviting, luxurious and compelling to a guest from the moment they step inside, so make sure you pay attention to your interior design from top to bottom.
5 Beautiful Trends to Make Your Home Design Stand Out in 2020
Designing a stunning room can be a challenge, especially when it comes to balancing the dimensions and shape of the space and tying all the elements together. Here we look at five contemporary design trends that are set to make...Read more
How to Create the Perfect Living Room Design
Your living room design expresses who you are, what you think – and what how you want others to perceive you. The living room is the function room of the house; it is where you bring your guests, spend time...Read more
INTRODUCING ELIE SAAB MAISON RUG COLLECTION
One of the World's leading names in Haute Couture and a red carpet favourite, Elie Saab's refined silhouettes and sumptuous detailing take inspiration from both Paris and Beirut, where his ateliers of craftsmen are based. He first launched his eponymous...Read more